The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 fitness bracelet, which is the successor to the hugely popular Mi Band 4 with a larger screen and magnetic charging, has begun to receive an update firmware with new features.
The Mi Band fitness tracker series is Xiaomi’s best-selling apparel, so the company is actively supporting these trackers by adding new features. The firmware update 188.8.131.52 brings with it three new features.
First, the new firmware adds support for sleep monitoring 24/7. Thus, Xiaomi Mi Band 5 has officially become the first bracelet in the series when it comes to having this feature. Second, the update supports four new languages, namely Indonesian, Greek, Vietnamese and Hebrew.
The third feature is exclusive to the Chinese version of the bracelet and adds support for four new transport cards (Yongchengtong, Shengjingtong, Harbin Citytong, Dalian Pearl).
To upgrade Mi Band 5 to the latest firmware, users will need to upgrade the Mi Fit app to v4.8.0. Then just open the program to start the upgrade installation process. If not, go to My Band 5 or My Smart Band 5 in the My Devices section and click Check for updates.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi Band 5
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen display with up to ≥450 nits brightness, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass, AF coating
- Displays time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, program notifications, calls and more
- Photoplasticism (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking, fitness tracking, Anonymous reminder
- 11 sports modes (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, exercise, indoor cycling, elliptical machine, rope, yoga, rowing machine)
- PAI health analysis, Women’s health tracking: menstruation,
- Three-Axis Accelerometer + Three-Axis Gyro, Capacity Usage Monitor Sensor, Pressure Assessment, Respiratory Training, Remote Controller
- Xiao Ai’s voice assistant (NFC model)
- 5ATM (50 meters) waterproof
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (Optional)
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4 mm; Weight: 11.9g / 12.1g (NFC)
- 125mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life in typical mode, 20 days in long battery mode
The Mi Band 5 has a 1.1-inch dynamic AMOLED color touch screen with a resolution of 126 x 294 pixels. The current gen offers a 20% larger screen compared to its predecessor. It also comes with Personal Performance Intelligence, which tracks all activities and has an intelligent algorithm, claims Brand. For those who don’t know, PIA uses heart rate data to inform users about the target activity level that they need to stay healthy. The Mi Band 5 comes with a price of ($ 40).
The fitness band can track 11 activities such as yoga, power walking, treadmill, running (indoor and outdoor), cycling (indoor and outdoor), swimming, freestyle exercise and more. As with most fitness bands, this one also maintains a 24-hour continuous heart rate. The band can also record and remind female users about the menstrual cycle. You can also control cameras such as taking selfies or group photos with the band.