Pokémon GO Holidays Event is back! From December 22nd to 31st, look forward to costumed Pokémon, icy Pokémon never seen before in Pokémon GO, an exclusive Event Field Exploration, winter avatar themes, and a blizzard.
Holiday Event 2020 Features
Vanilito debuts Pokémon GO
Vanilla, the Fresh Snow Pokemon, will be available during the 2020 Holiday Event! Vanilla is an Ice-a species that evolves to Vanillish (25 Candies) and Vanilluxe (100 Candies).
Pokemon wear holiday costumes
What is an event without at least one Pikachu hat? Well, not surprisingly, the Holidays 2020 event features not one, but three costumes with Pokémon. All three Pokémon will wear festive costumes.
Ice type Pokemon appearing more frequently in nature
Rava Ice-type Pokemon will appear more often wildly, such as Spheal, Snover and more:
Ice type Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles
Choose Ice-type Pokémon will appear in Raid Battles during the Pokémon GO Holiday 2020 event. If you’re lucky, you might even meet Bright Jynx! Don’t forget – Mega Abomasnow will appear in Mega Raids and will be even more powerful during the event.
Holiday themed 5 km Egg hatches
Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will hatch from 5km Eggs!
Exclusive Field Exploration event
Enjoy eventful exclusive Field Exploration tasks that will reward you with the opportunity to meet Pokemon like Vanilla and Cryogonal!
Winter themes of avatar and stickers
- Winter avatar themes coming to the store: To help you get dressed for the holiday season, you can look forward to the Greedy Sweater, Whimsical Earrings, Winter Boots and Winter Coat Avatars!
- Get stickers with holiday themes from PokéStops, Gifts and the shop! You can find stickers with Alolan Vulpix, Croagunk, Whimsicott, and more during the event. You won’t be able to get these stickers after the end of the event, so take them while you can!
Event exclusive boxes and AR Mapping task
- Exclusive boxes will be available in the shop during the event! Check out the in-game store for more details!
- Exclusive event mapping for AR Mapping: Complete tasks on AR Mapping to gain Abomasnow Mega Energy and meet Snorunt.
Holiday Events 2020 Time Bonuses
Different bonuses will be active during the event, each lasting two days and lasting a full 48 hours. The only bonus to attend throughout the event is an increased number of Gifts that you can carry and open daily.
Bring and Open More Gifts (December 22 – December 31)
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 8:00 am to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 pm local time
- Open More Gifts Every Day: During the event, the number of Gifts you can open each day will increase to 45.
- Carry More Gifts: During the duration of the event, the number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag will increase to 40.
Double Raid XP (December 22 – December 23)
From Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 12:00 am to Wednesday, December 23, 2020, at 23:59 local time, you will win 2 × Raid XP
Double Catch Candy (24 Dec – 25 Dec)
From Thursday, December 24, 2020, at 12:00 am to Friday, December 25, 2020, at 23:59 local time you will win 2 × Grab Candy
Duration of Double Star Piece (26 Dec – 27 Dec)
From Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 12:00 to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 23:59 local time, the duration of Star Piece will double.
Double Lucky Egg continues (December 28 – December 29)
From Monday, December 28, 2020, at 12 noon to Tuesday, December 29, 2020, at 23:59 local time the duration of Lucky Egg will double.
Double Catch Star Dust (30 Dec – 31 Dec)
From Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 12:00 am until Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 23:59 local time, you will win 2 × Catch Star Dust.
Special Regice Weekend Layout
Regice will return to Pokémon GO attacks for a special event taking place over the last weekend in December (and 2020!). See our Regice Raid Counters Guide for preparation purposes.
Date and time
From Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 8:00 am to Sunday, December 27, 2020, at 22:00 local time.
You can expect the following bonuses during this special weekend:
- Regice returns to attacks!
- Exclusive event mapping for AR Mapping: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Incense and more.
- Pokémon more often captivates Incense: